You all know that IPS is developing the new version 4.2, which has lots of new features and improvements and lots more. ThemeTree wanted to spice up the framework because there is all these new things coming to 4.2, so we went ahead and created some new features for our lovely customers and ThemeTree itself.
Let's dig in to some new framework and of course, list these bad boys:
- Twitter integration - You'll be able to put your own Twitter feed on the secondary footer when you edit through the configuration.
- Social icons - In our new themes, the new social icons are: Instagram, Dribbble, Soundcloud, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Back to top - Everybody likes this function so we're able to integrate it on our new themes.
That's pretty much it for our new framework, but wait, there's more. Some of our new themes we will have in 4.2 is subheader links. The subheader links is like adding more links that're important to you and to your guests and customers, so people don't have a hard time looking for what they want. Also, in the setting configuration, you'll be able to edit, modify, and add as many links as you like.
In this new section, we're gonna talk about the changes to linking a Google font inside the settings.
We've made changes on how you input a Google font to the community.
Let's break it down for you so you'll understand:
- Google Font - Instead of putting just the font, you'll put 'Open Sans', sans-serif because we've deleted the fallback font.
- Google Font Link - This is the same, but people have been confused when there is a font that has two words. When there is two words, put a plus sign in between the two words (for example, Open+Sans and Love+Ya+Like+A+Sister).
- Google Font Weight - This is also the same, but when there is nothing in the input field, the font weight(s) won't appear. Also, you don't need to put a colon when you input the weights into the field, but you'll still need to input commas when you putting more font weights.
Note: This new change is only in the new theme called "Organic", but will get release by default to all of our themes.
I hope you like the new framework and new updates coming to ThemeTree.
Edited by Brian A.